Fez is available from Sourceforge:
The latest and greatest way to get Fez is via the Fez Hg (Mercurial) repository.
$ yum install gnome-doc-utils
Then find, download and Install mercurial from mercurial.selenic.com (or other source).
Hg Checkout Code Example
$ hg clone https://code.library.uq.edu.au/fez
Fez 2 Release Candidate 1
- Refactored search index for much greater performance and scaling
- New citation engine and citation view
- Compatibility with Fedora 2.2.1, 2.2 and 2.1.1 (Fez 1.3 needed patches to work with Fedora 2.2)
- Simpler installation with as-you-install configuration checks and suggestions
- Many bugfixes and improvements since Fez 1.3.. more details and documentation to come.
Major new features are:
- XSDs for objects based on MODS instead of DC (can still handle your existing DC objects though)
- Download statistics using apache logs and GeoIP
- Object history logging (premis events)
- Shibboleth support
- Fulltext indexing (pdf only)
- Import and Export of workflows and XSDs
- Sanity checking to help make sure required external dependencies are working
- OAI provider that respects FezACML authorisation rules
NOTE: Fez 1.3 does not support Fedora 2.2 unless you upgrade or merge some files with the latest Fez SVN trunk. We recommend using Fez 2.0 RC1.