Changing a document type
There are 2 ways to change the document type of an existing record -
- Clone an existing document -
- Click the More Options icon against the appropriate record in Browse or View Record mode
- Click the Clone Selected Record link
- Select the appropriate Destination Collection etc in the Clone Selected Record form
- Click the Clone Record button
- Edit the new record as required. Be aware that there may be some loss of data if there are discrepancies between the old and new XSD displays
- Click the Submit for Approval or Publish button as appropriate.
- Delete the original record/object if necessary.
- Change the xsdis_id in fedoraAdmin -
- Access the FezMD datastream of the record you wish to change
- Change the xdis_id value to the value of the new document type. Ensure you use the FOXML xdis_id for the appropriate document type, not the MODS or DC xdis_id.
- In Fez, reindex the object.